Keeping the tiles and grout of your commercial real estate clean is important to maintain a professional atmosphere. You can keep your titles and grout well maintained by following some simple maintenance tips.
Tile and Grout Maintenance Tips
To help keep your workplace tidy with regards to the tile and grout, here are some easy to follow maintenance tips:
- In the event that there is a spill, make sure that it is cleaned up as quickly as possible. You can instruct your employees to do the same. Spills must be cleaned up quickly to prevent your tiles from being discolored as a result of the chemicals within the liquid.
- Don't let anyone cleaning the tile floors use wax, bleach or ammonia based cleaning product since that will discolour the grout.
- Ask any employees that are responsible for general cleaning to vacuum the tile floors on a regular basis.
- When moving furniture on the tile floors, make sure the furniture is lifted off the ground. That will prevent scrapes and scratches from appearing which can ruin the look of a tile floor.
- You should avoid buying furniture that can easily scratch the tile flooring. For example, all chairs should and table legs should be padded with a soft scratch-free material. This will prevent the buildup of scratches when the chairs and tables inevitably scrape across the surface of the tiles.
- Grout can be cleaned by over the counter products if there are stains. For example, you can apply a mixture of water and baking soda to the grout. Then leave it overnight, and in the morning wipe it away with a damp cloth. Most grout stains can be removed by carrying out this simple procedure.
- Make sure that dirt is cleaned up of the floors regularly, because otherwise your employees might step on a sharp piece of dirt and cause it to make a scratch on your tiles.
- Grout will stain at different depths, and if your grout is deeply stained then it means that it will need to be replaced. To do this you can hire a commercial tile and grout cleaning service. This is the right choice because they can do it at a speed thereby causing little disruption to your workplace.
- If you are replacing grout, then make sure to replace all the grout as opposed to only a small section. Otherwise, you'll end up with grout that will have different shades of colour.
For more information, contact Riteway Cleaning Services.